Thank you for your interest in presenting at Querent. Before you submit your proposal, we wanted to share a few guidelines about presenting at Querent and what we're looking for in a proposal.
Here are the general guidelines for presenting:
- All presentations are one hour and fifteen minutes in length. Evening rituals can run longer. Please let us know in your proposal if your ritual will require more time.
- We can provide a screen and projector if you need one. However, you must let us know in your proposal before hand. Do NOT assume one will be available if you did not request it when submitting your proposal.
- Topics should be relevant to the overall subject of the conference - Queer Spirituality. We accept proposals on a wide variety of topics related to queer spirituality. We generally do not consider general workshops on ritual or spirituality or workshops on topics not related to spiritual practice. We will consider topics that deal with the intersection of queer spirituality and other topics such as pop culture and queer witchcraft or spirituality and leather or kink.
- You may specify that a workshop or ritual is open to "Women only" or "Men only", however, you must be willing at allow anyone who self-identifies as the specified gender to attend. We do not allow programming that is limited to individuals of a particular cisgender.
- If you need tables or something else special for a workshop, you must let us know in advance.
- Ritual proposes should include an outline of the ritual so our committee can properly evaluate it.
- We are holding the event in a hotel. Incense, smudge, candles and other sources of flame are against the rules of the hotel. Talk to us if you're unsure how to adapt a ritual to this environment. We can give you a number of helpful suggestions.
- We have a presenter liaison on staff that will assist you with making sure your meeting room is set up as you need it. Be sure to communicate your needs to our staff so that we can do this as efficiently as possible.
- If you will have co-presenters or assistants, they must be registered attendees of the conference and should be named on your proposal.
The Ordo Aeternus Vovin hosts a hospitality suite on the 22nd floor. We encourage presenters to make use of this space when needed to unwind or escape the chaos of the event. Ritual presenters are welcome to utilize the space to meditate or otherwise prepare prior to leading a ritual.